The League of Professional Theatre Women is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to promote visibility and increase opportunities for women in the Professional Theatre. We do this through numerous programs and events. Please take a look throughout this site to find out all that we do for women in theatre.
The League of Professional Theatre Women, Inc. is:
- An advocacy organization for reinforcing the positive image of, promoting the visibility of, and increasing the opportunities for women in the arts and entertainment industries, more particularly the professional theatre, thereby enriching the culture with the infusion of women’s creativity.
- A support system for women in theatre, in which they serve as resources for each other by mutual sharing of experiences, insights and work.
- A center for the exchange of information and skills that women can utilize in their careers.
- A means of linking women in the professional theatre with colleagues in college and university theatres, and with women in other performing arts organizations in the United States and abroad.
- A forum for ideas relating to art and its effect on society.